rain,lights and colors
Deadly Dance is best viewed in screen resolution 1280 x 1024. This site is image heavy. All images here are copyrighted to me, otherwise stated. Layout inspired by Now, Now Every Children's In the City.




posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2021
title : Wasted Months Away

 Well, hello there blog! Long time no see. It's been two months since my last post and stuff happened. I couldn't say it's a lot, but it's sort of major in a sense. But in a way, the past two months has also been wasted. To make the long story short, we got COVID-19, me and the hubby. 

The hubby started to show symptoms last May 15, after taking Mama to the hospital. He got sore throat, very, very light cough and then he suddenly had a very mild fever for just a few hours. So we immediately isolated him in our room. We isolated him for a week and  he seemed to feel fine and we thought he doesn't have it. I wanted him to be out of isolation already because taking care of him and our pets had been very taxing to me. But my mom insisted that we get tested for she fears that she might contract the virus from us if ever we get out of isolation. So we did got ourselves tested last May 27 at CGH. We got the results the next day and it was positive. So now, instead of just the hubby isolating, I was now included in the mix. Then two days later, the local government contacted us, telling us that we will be taken away to an isolation facility.

First, we were taken to this isolation facility within Malabon. It was an old hospital, and boy, was I traumatized. Well, not really. I just don't want to be in there ever again. There ar no beds, just folding beds. There is no sort of dividers and there are others with you in the room. We are sort of lucky since me and the hubby got a room, an air conditioned room, to ourselves. But we might get company in the room in case more patients come in. There is also no proper restroom/bathroom. I'm still quite baffled how anyone could take a bath in there. And there is only one working bathroom! For 15+ patients?!

That's why we nagged and begged the nurse in charge for us to get transferred to a hotel isolation facility. Good thing our contact tracer advised us to get transferred because he knows that the facility we're in is not really an ideal place to stay in for 10 days. So we finally got transferred the next day to a hotel in Cubao which is like 50x better than our first. Quarantining felt more like a vacation because we have AC, TV, a nice big bed and a huge bathroom all to ourselves. The food is great too and we also have more Grab Food choices. During our stay there, we had some Yellowcab Pizza and Popeye's chicken delivered. We finally got to go home lastt June 4th, making it 10 days of quarantine for us and we have to quarantine some more at home for 4 more days. But just to make sure, we extended for another week. So basically, June is like quarantine month for us.

Good thing though is that we have very mild symptoms only. I guess, between me and the husby, he has shown more symptoms than me. My symtoms is just more of muscle pain and fatigue. I didn't have any cough or fever. I just generally feel okay the entire time. I guess taking vitamins on the regular helped us get lesser symptoms, specially vitamin D3.

But after more than a week of our COVID incident, we finally got our first dose of the vaccine last June 19th. I was scared of needles but thankfully, I got through it and realized it doesn't hurt that much. My arms just felt heavy afterwards and I felt a bit tired. We're just waiting for our second dose appointment, then we will be completely vaccinated! The folks already completed their vaccines and can now go back to the society. But since they're seniors, no can do still. 

I still have tons of stuff to tell, like the one about this other OB of mine who's a psychobitch. And also how my period is all bits of messed up right now and that time when my tooth hurted a lot. Yeah, my life had been quite eventfully uneventful. The period is somewhat getting back to normal now though. I just hope the nonstop spotting would just stop and just be a normal period again. All of these had been a factor to the delay of our TTC journey. But I can also feel that God is just making sure I'm okay when the time comes I get pregnant. He's just getting rid of all the bad things first before the good comes. I can feel that.

Maybe I'll catch up with you again next time. Maybe by that time I'm using that new keyboard case I've been eyeing to buy at Lazada. Hahaha!

Labels: , ,

← OLDER
NEWER →