rain,lights and colors
Deadly Dance is best viewed in screen resolution 1280 x 1024. This site is image heavy. All images here are copyrighted to me, otherwise stated. Layout inspired by Now, Now Every Children's In the City.




posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020
title : Randomness On A Tuesday

 Here I am again. Just feeling the need and want to type something since I powered up my laptop for no particular reason. I just want to at least chill here in my desk just like the old times, doing nothing in particular. I'm planning to watch some Netflix, but the internet is being a jerk lately. I'm just here listening to some Spotify liked songs while typing down my thoughts.

Today is an okay day. Boss is being nice again, in spite of me knowing that he's talking shit behind my back. During our lean time at work today, me, Noel and the boss is talking about early retirement since the government has passed a law making whoever retiring (or being forced to retire) this year will be receiving their separation pays free of tax. I dunno where Noel got the idea that I wanna quit, but he told me now is my chance to resign since I'll be getting my separation pay and benefits tax free. He then tried to compute my separation pay. When he's finally done he said I could live off or start a business with my separation pay and that I could still live a comfortable life since my husband is a seafarer. Then my boss joined in the conversation and gave me business tips and such. Looks like they all really wanted me to quit, eh? Even our messenger encouraged me to grab the chance too! Haha!

Well to be honest, I'm thinking it's God pushing me to do it. I dunno. Maybe He's using my officemates to give me the answer I need. I'm quite interested at the idea of a tax free separation pay. I could do some big stuff with the money. Maybe start a small business venture and then some. 

But when I checked online about that bill the government passed, I saw that only employees 50 years and above are entitled of a tax free separation pay benefit. So I'm clearly not qualified for that. But isn't it really once you reach 50 years old, you're already not taxable? I'm still yet to confirm if this is true or not though. I need to call HR. Haha!

But if it's true, maybe this is God telling me to take the plunge. 

I can feel He's telling me not to worry for He will provide and make things possible. And I fully trust Him with everything.

--------

On a different random note, I'm so happy shopping for my room right now. I guess that gets my mind off work related stress. Shopee, Lazada and FB Marketplace has been a stress reliever for me lately. I would often end up browsing for room decor and desk organizers and accesories at those sites. Ever since I bought my table, I have been in constant search for things on shopping sites.

This all started with my cheap desk from Lazada, then the chair, followed by desk organizers from Shopee and Daiso. Then computer accessories like laptop stand, USB hub, extension plugs, wireless keyboard and mouse and a Bluetooth speaker/LED lamp (which is a great buy for Php 230!) Then to match my black desk, I need simple bedsheets that screams I'AM MINIMALIST eme. So I bought two ultra cheap 3-in-1 set of bedsheets and pillowcases, for Php 250 each! Both have checkered designs and either colored white or black. I also bought 4 extra pillowcases in plain black and gray to match. Aaah. I'm so happy for online shopping!

Then now I'm still waiting for my ordered Sailormoon mouse pad and a new silicone keyboard cover for my laptop since the first one I got is extra big for my lappy. These online orders keeps me goin on everyday. Charot!

Next on my list is a new speaker since my lamp/speaker may sound okay, but at a certain sound or volume, it just cracks. Let's see if I'll end up buying the Marshall Emberton Speaker or the Anker Soundcore 2 or none at all since this speakers still serves its purpose and still working. Then I'm also deliberating if I need a mechanical keyboard. The Royal Kludge RK61 or RK71 looks like a tempting buy but it's expensive for a freakin' keyboard. But the sound of the keys go click-clack might convince me to but it once money arrives! Haha!

Oh well, until my next random rants and whatnots. 

EDIT the next day: I finally got a new speaker! Bought the Anker Soundcore 2 over at Carousell for only Php 1000.00 plus Php 120 for shipping. It's usually priced at Php 3000 over at Shopee for a brand-new one then I saw a listing over at Carousell for a secondhand one for only Php 1450. But of course, I haggled and asked the seller if she's willing to give it to me for Php 1000. She said she's okay with Php 1200, but eventually agreed to my offer. I'm one happy cheapskate kiddo! I was actually thinking of buying it brand new over at Shopee for my bonus, but thank heavens I found that listing at Carousell. The seller was nice too and delivered the item quick.

Now, mechanical keyboard and external SSD, you're both next! Hiyaa!

Labels: , ,

← OLDER
NEWER →