rain,lights and colors
Deadly Dance is best viewed in screen resolution 1280 x 1024. This site is image heavy. All images here are copyrighted to me, otherwise stated. Layout inspired by Now, Now Every Children's In the City.




posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011
title : If Not Now, When?
July 28th 2011 is probably one of the best nights of my life. Because I get to see Incubus for the second time. This, I think, comes in first since the first time I saw the band live was the second best night of my life. I think this last show was more memorable even though I had a very long post concert hang-over on the second one rather than this last one. Well, the reason for the lack of post concert fan-girling will not be discussed in this blog because it's annoying.


Anywho, Incubus's latest concert here in Manila was epic. I experienced some firsts during the show, like going to a concert by myself, and actually talking to fellow Incubus fans in person, sharing thoughts about the band and stuff. I even rocked like a boss by myself, though not really since the people beside me are rocking out like a boss too.

Actually, I'm not really excited about the show until the very last hour. I only got excited when I arrived at Araneta Center and could barely swallow my Whopper Jr. due to too much excitement. It only sunk into me that I'm seeing my favorite band ever for the second time is when I finally got ushered into my seat and took in the nice view of the stage from where I'm seated. Yeah. I'm really not that excited about it until that very moment. Maybe because I know I'll be going alone and having some doubts about whether I'll enjoy it even without company. Thank God I got some really nice seatmates who are nice enough to talk to me and stuff. Heehee!

It's already past 8PM when the front act, Franco took the stage. I was blown away by them. It was my first time listening to them that time and I blamed myself for not listening to them before. They played around 5 songs which are all awesome and world class quality. I swore to myself that time that I will download (hahaha!) their album when I get home.

Then 9pm came. Incubus' sound men took the stage to set up the band's gear. Everyone was excited. Then around 9:15pm, the stage went pitch dark, then Mike's guitar wailed on the loud amps around the coliseum. Everyone went berserk when they heard the first chords for Megalomaniac. The performance was mind blowing even though everyone noticed Mike's having a problem with his guitar. Man, he was pissed. Haha! The very first song and then suddenly shit happens. Luckily, the other guys continued, still sounding the same like they were in the CD's. Mike's guitar came to life again just in time for his guitar solo.

After that they played Wish You Were Here, followed by 15 more songs, including some of the songs they don't often play live like A Crow Left of the Murder, Glass, Isadore and I Miss You (which they sang for their encore). It's basically a mix of old and new stuff which I think is great. They played 3 more songs for the encore too, ending the entire show with Nice to Know You. I think the show lasted for 2 hours compared to the last one which I think only lasted for an hour. Because this time, Brandon interacted a lot with the audience in between songs and of course, their set list was longer.

I waited for Brandon to take off his shirt, but unfortunately, he didn't. I was actually expecting him and Ben to show off their hot bods, but neither did. I'am disappoint.


The good thing too that night is that I got to take great photos of the show! Got some close up shots of Brandon and the dudes using my old camera (Canon PS S3IS) which I sold to my officemate last year. She let me borrow it for the show in exchange for some White Hat froyo. Haha! The 12x zoom has it's advantages, specially if you're seated at the Upper Box A section. I was really, really happy with the photos I took! See the larger version of the photos over at my Flickr :P

All in all, it was a superb experience. And I wouldn't have second thoughts watching them again when they decided to come back for the fourth or nth time.

Brandon, Mike, Ben, Jose and Chris, we'll be waiting for your return. Thanks for the awesome show. Till next time. :)

Labels: , , ,

← OLDER
NEWER →