rain,lights and colors
Deadly Dance is best viewed in screen resolution 1280 x 1024. This site is image heavy. All images here are copyrighted to me, otherwise stated. Layout inspired by Now, Now Every Children's In the City.




posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020
title : Weighing It Down

 So I guess it's decided. I'm about to take the big leap and will resign from my work.

I have talked to my mom about my decision and plans and she somewhat agreed already. I already talked to someone from HR to confirm the news regarding the optional retirement they're offering. They said they are accepting retirement letters until Nov. 15th and the effectivity of the resignation is on the 30th of November. They will release the tax free separation pay before the year ends. I might even get half of my Christmas bonus as well. Sounds like it's a good deal already. This might be the best time for me to do it since I'm really thinking about quitting for a long time anyway.

Well, before I pack up the courage to write and submit that resignation letter to my boss, I wanna weigh in the pros and cons of me quitting my job of almost 15 years.

PROS:

1. Stress free life. The boss is being a pain in the ass again these days. I dunno what's with him, but he seems like he's not doing well mentally with all the stress that is work right now. I wanna be rid of that toxic aura everyday. 

2. I will have tons of time to concentrate on my well being. I'm planning to have a baby soon that's why I want to have time trying to get fit and healthy. 

3. I can re-learn all my old hobbies. I miss having a hobby. I miss being creative ever since work started getting stressful. I'm planning to take graphic design classes online once I'm out since the classes' schedules don't match up when I'm still working.

4. Learn new skills. I wanna learn how to drive, learn doing some housework, learn how to cook. I wanna be a help around the house. I don't wanna be a lazy ass anymore at home. 

5. Learn the ropes of the business. It's obvious that I will be in charge of the family rental sooner or later, and I guess the best time to learn all the things I need to know is now. Mom and Dad is not getting any younger to still be in charge of stuff, specially going out to file government papers and stuff. I know it will be stressful at one point, but I guess that's why I need to learn it soon.

6. I can start a mini venture with my retirement money. I'm planning to have our lot fixed in Valenzuela and convert it into a paid parking lot. I guess it's about time to have our once beautiful grandparent's lot fixed and put into good use. I know they will be happy about it.

7. I can be my folk's errand girl. Well, my folks are not getting any younger and they're vulnerable to COVID-19. I want to make sure that they're always healthy indoors.

CONS:

1. I will have no source of income. My retirement money can only do so much. I need a side hustle or find work online just so I can have a money of my own. 

2. I will tend to ask money from the husband. Knowing how much his parents and siblings ask money from his sometimes, I don't wanna add up to his burdens.

3. We are still in the process of paying some of our debts and insurances and stuff. Ugh. I just want to pay them all off to get it over with so I can quit my job already.

4. I can't let the husband stop from his seafarer job. I want him to quit and just have him here. But now that I'm jobless, he's the one left to provide and bring in the moolah. I can't let him stay long enough or else our savings will be gone in no time. Because: family. Meh.

5. Basically the con part of me quitting is money. I won't have income, meaning lesser money to spend and save.

But it boils down to this: it's just money.

No amount of money can take away the peace and happiness I will feel once I quit. As I see it, the pros outweigh the cons. And with constant prayer, I know everything will be okay. I can still get a new job if I want to. Maybe this time it's something that I will enjoy at the comforts of our room. I feel excited of what's to come, of what I will do and what I will learn. I can feel it will bring me happiness and no regrets.

The only thing I'm fearing right now though is if will my officemates throw me a despedida on my last day. Oh well. Weather they do it or not, I don't care. I'm quitting my job MOFO's!

Labels: ,

← OLDER
NEWER →