rain,lights and colors
Deadly Dance is best viewed in screen resolution 1280 x 1024. This site is image heavy. All images here are copyrighted to me, otherwise stated. Layout inspired by Now, Now Every Children's In the City.




posted : Monday, February 25, 2008
title : I Love Download Weekends
Since friday, I've been downloading a lot of um...*cough*free*cough* music on torrent sites and for a geek with no social life like me, it's a source of pleasure already. That's why I love my iPod more now cuz my music collection is growing already! *kisses iPod* Thank God for DSL connection and torrent files for giving me free happiness.

Here's what I downloaded so far:
Photobucket

1.) Eisley - Combinations
Probably my most favorite Eisley album. Much better than their first one Room Noises. Yet this album has more edge, the band still sound sweet and adorable. The vocals are superb as always courtesy of the Dupree sisters. Favorite tracks in the CD: I Could Be There For You, Go Away and Come Clean.

2.) Copeland - Dress Up & In Line
I learned about this band from a magazine review. I got curious and decided to give them a listen. Though this album is just a compilation of b-sides and remixes, they sound great. I'm planning to umm...listen...to their other CD's too. Teehee! Favorite tracks in the CD: Thanks to You, Careful Now and their version of The Police's Every Breath You Take.

3.) Anberlin - Cities
I've been listening to this band for sometime, but never got to listen to a full length album of theirs. I thought they sound like other emo punk bands out there, but I was wrong. They sound mature and my perception of them as an emo band is so not true. The album sounds great and the lead vocalist sounds so powerful in each track. Definitely a must listen. Favorite tracks in the CD: Inevitable, Dismantle. Repair and (*Fin).

4.) OneRepublic - Dreaming Out Loud.
Well, I haven't given this CD a good listen yet. But all I can say is that the remix version of their song Apologize is way better than the original. Hehehe. But their lead vocalist sure sound a lot like Jeff Buckley. I could mistake him for the late great singer. Favorite tracks in the CD: Apologize (lol) and Someone to Save You

5.) Gorillaz - D-sides
I was listening to this while I was half asleep. But Gorillaz is one of my favorite bands back in High School, so I will say it sounds great. Still funky and fun. Filled with remixes too. Favorite tracks in the CD: I was too sleepy to check the track name on my iPod. Hahaha!

6.) The Spill Canvass - One Fell Swoop / Sunsets and Car Crashes
I already listened to their new CD No Really, I'm Fine and found the band so great, I have to listen to their previous albums. One Fell Swoop go their hits like Staplegunned and Polygraph Right Now! which I really liked while watching their music videos on YouTube. While Sunsets and Car Crashes is an acoustic album which I guess where the term 'acoustic punk' got it's name. It sounds lovely. Favorite tracks in the CD: Teleport A and B, Sunsets and Car crashes.

7.) The Punk Goes.... Series (80's, 90's, Acoustic 1 & 2, Pop and Metal)
So that's basically 6 CD's. I'm adik like that. I'm collecting acoustic and remake mp3's that's why I decided to download this one. And as always, it's refreshing to hear new stuff. Favorite tracks on the CD's: acoustic versions of Apology by Alesana, A Hole in the World by Thursday, Swing Life Away by Rise Against, Who I'am Hates Who I've Been by Relient K. remake versions of Holding Out for A Hero by Emery, Black Hole Sun by Copeland, All I Want by Emery, Everyone Wants to Rule The World by Jamison Parker.

I so love Download Weekends.

PS. The Gossip Girl series (the book) sucks. Puro kalandian. Ick.
PPS. I think I'm gonna take my cousin to the concert instead of my so-called best friend.

Labels:

← OLDER
NEWER →